For Realtors®, offset printing services provide a high-quality, cost-effective solution to many of the most common real estate printing needs. In fact, these services provide a unique opportunity to maximize your marketing budget and create highly effective advertising campaigns for your most important listings. Offset printing is also invaluable for general marketing and building brand awareness, offering both simplicity…
Why Your Business Needs QR Codes
Now more than ever, small business owners need more creative ways to connect with their customers and potential clients online, and make their buying journey more satisfying. Quick Response (QR) codes do just that! Meticulously printed with clarity and detail, these small, square, black-and-white symbols are a fast, easy and effective way to convey any number of important messages. It’s like having an online, unsalaried sales rep available to provide instant information, help and services – while making the overall customer experience stress-free and much more enjoyable.
The Importance of QR Codes
QR codes have come a long way since they were first introduced in 1994 to track automotive parts’ inventories. Today they’ve evolved into a highly successful marketing and revenue-generating tool. In fact, the COVID-19 pandemic is credited with helping bring the QR code back to prominence. QR codes can store a huge amount of data in a small 2D matrix barcode. But unlike standard barcodes, QR codes can store much more information (more than 7,000 characters) and can be read 10 times faster! Simply use your smartphone’s camera, position it over the QR code and click to photograph the code – and the information you want the recipient to have, appears in seconds. They’re also easier to create using the many free apps currently available on the market.
The Benefits of QR Codes for Business
According to statistics, the main users of QR codes are the tech-savvy, 35-and-under group – they also account for the most consumer spending. Here are just some of the proven advantages of what adding a QR code to your business’ commercial print can do:
- Boost sales by including promotional and discount offers, virtual tours, product demonstrations, loyalty programs, exclusive-offer clubs and more, while also creating an instant, direct contact to your company
- Elevate the customer experience by sharing your Wi-Fi with current and potential customers, offering special warranties or discounted service plans, inviting customer feedback – even providing health and nutritional information and other perks
- Provide a secure, touch-free payment solution that customers will feel safe using
- Increase your social-media followers by linking to your pages on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Reveal information about your current and potential customers – including how many people scanned your code, their geographic location, date, time and what device or operating system they used
- Improve your targeted lead-generation efforts by asking for a user’s email, phone number and other personal information.
- Help you better engage with the most lucrative consumer buying group
The Best Places to Use QR Codes for Your Business
As a small business owner, there are several options when adding a printed QR code to your traditional marketing materials. These can include business cards, signage, displays, packaging, inserts, banners, labels, cash registers, menus, brochures, t-shirts, promotional products – nearly anything your target audience comes in contact with. The best location to place QR codes really depends on what kind of business you run and what you want your QR code to link to. Functions can include accepting payments, giving customers more information, offering discounts, streamlining your services, and so on. Their uses and placement are limited only by your imagination – and your marketing goals.
The Basics of Creating a QR Code
In our experience of printing literally thousands of QR codes for clients, we’ve noticed some basic similarities. In general, the most successful QR codes always:
- Have a call to action such as “Scan here” or “Visit our website”
- Are displayed in a way that’s easy to photograph with ample white space surrounding it
- Are pre-tested by the business owner, employees, friends or even family members
- Include an incentive, such as a special discount, gift card or free draw, to get users excited
Finally, your QR code should be printed with the utmost clarity and ideally positioned on your business card, poster, display and so on, for easy photographing by a smartphone.
Let Sun Print Solutions bring our 80 years of printing and marketing experience to help you with all your printing and marketing collateral needs – including QR codes.