Why Use Print in 2022?
Isn’t print a 20th century thing? Why do I need print in 2022? Print as part of an omnichannel marketing strategy leads to increased engagement and ROI. Let us show you why.
PRINT ENGAGES THE SENSES
It’s true. Print engages the recipient in a more visceral and deep way, and messages that are on printed mediums such as postcards and product packages are more impactful than words on a screen.
Martin Lindstrom, author of Brand Sense, about the power of print:
“Paper has three strengths: one is the stimulation of the sensory channels; two, the data is not going to disappear; and three, because everyone is digital, you can actually see the brands that are going the opposite way. The message stands out by being on print.” https://www.printpower.eu/experts/martin-lindstrom/
PRINT IS THE ‘TOUCHABLE’ MEDIUM
People who are surrounded by digital sources crave a more tactile experience. Digital technologies, metallic inks, specialty substrates, and finishing now enable creatives to design amazing, printed pieces that people want to touch, hold, and read. Print offers the unique ability to cut through the noise and grab our attention to create a physical experience and “wow” factor where people want to engage with print.
THE INTERACTIVE SIDE OF PRINT
Adding a dash of high tech to your printed materials gives you additional ways to connect with customers and helps you get the most from your printing investment: using QR codes, and augmented reality (AR). A few possibilities:
- Place QR codes on your print materials to link your customers back to your website or social channels to create an easy start to a multichannel experience
- Your QR code can link to 3D object files that can be rotated in any direction, allowing for interactive engagement with the product or character
- Adding QR elements to your printed pieces gives people a whole new way to interact with your postcards, business cards, catalogs, and more
- Having an AR sticker on your packaging can make a video come alive when scanned. It can show customers your catalog of products or produce a how-to assemble video
- AR printed on coasters can produce an animated experience of a brand. We’ve heard of codes on wine bottles that show the story of the winery which produced the wine
- AR allows a customer to visualize products like clothes or shoes
- Car buyers can scan codes to be walked through basic maintenance steps and tips, each step or tip changing weekly, such as how to change their windshield wipers, add oil to the engine, or check the tire pressure and do other preventative vehicle maintenance
PRINT + TECH = AN ENHANCED CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR BRAND